Safety Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website and through your national and local public health authority.
Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Wear protective clothing when going out.
DOWNLOAD/INSTALL AND LOGIN INTO MOAT APPLICATION (APP)
• At the moment, M.O.A.T is an android only application which can be found on the Google Play Store within the mother application called Working in Time (WIT).
o You can download the Working in Time (WIT) App on Google Play by typing in “WorkinginTime” as one word.
o Login into the App with the details created and supplied by your Project Admin manager.
o Then select the MOAT Icon. Now you are ready to begin!
o You can set M.O.A.T as a default screen by selecting the Set Default screen.
GETTING STARTED – STEP BY STEP
• Team Clock In – There are a few methods of clocking in:-
o Manual Clock – allows selection of team or individuals to clock in for work/sick/IOD/Toolbox Talks/Training etc.
o Clock with Note.
o Clock with Photo.
o Fingerprint Clock – uses the biometric reader to clock staff in that are present before using the manual clock to include staff on training and off sick. It must be noted that each person been booked off sick or on training should be clocked separately so that a description of the training being attended, or illness can be put in the note area.
• Manual Clocking:
When selecting Manual Clock In, you will be taken to a screen that allows you to choose a team or search for individual people to clock, if you select Team, then only the list of staff registered in the team will be available through a drop town selection tab. By selecting Search Person you will be able select all staff available to your company.
• My Job Cards – This is the project work order.
o Select My Job Cards icon. Select accept on the job card allocated to you by your company or project manager. You can then select the Start button and begin the process.
• Vehicle IN – Select the vehicle IN icon. This will allow the user to select the vehicle that has been allocated to the project.
o Select the driver that is allocated to the use of the vehicle.
o Type in the Odometer reading and take a picture of the Odometer in the vehicle. Then submit.
Note: Compulsory Vehicle inspections will need to be completed as per the written and signed contract requirements.
TEAM CLOCK IN
• Team Clock In – There are a number of ways to clock in :-
o Manual Clock In – This selection gives you’re a few options. You can choose search for your team members, give reasons for clocking, photo, tasking and comments.
Clock Reason – This is where you can choose a team member and give a reason for clocking issues. For example, off sick, injury, training, etc.
Comment/Note – Here you can make comments regarding yourself or team members. For example, the fingerprint system is not being used for a normal clocking on duty, etc.
• Fingerprint Clocking
o When selecting the fingerprint clocking, you will need to connect your fingerprint reader with the phone, when connected the state will change to connected. You then use the scan button and place your finger on the reader, after each person has been clocked the scan button needs to be used again until all staff are clocked on. The back button on the top left of the screen is then used to go back to the work flow wizard. If people are on training or off for some reason, then they will need to be clocked using the manual clocking system.
• Safety Check – This is required to report the condition of your PPE, Equipment, and First aid Kit. This section will require the whole team to place all equipment on the mixing Tarp, along with the first aid kit and then present themselves for a team photo in full PPE.
****Insert Picture of photo requirement. (full team in PPE, Equipment displayed on floor, and first aid kit content)
• Chemicals – Here you can register the use of chemicals. (If no herbicide is to be used, you are able to use the blue forward arrow at the top of the screen to move on to the next screen.) If chemicals are being used in the contract then you will be able to select the mix container size and number of containers being mixed, chemical to be used and the quantity per container (this will have been setup per available container size by the project manager), the additive to the chemical is selected and quantity, what colour dye and quantity, and finally who did the mixing. After all that a photo must be taken of the mixed chemicals.
• Start Photo – This is the last step before work starts. This allows you to show what the area looked like before the day’s work started. The photo needs to be a fixed point. A marker (flag/material/pole/etc.) is placed on the ground and the photo taken from that.
• Walk Perimeter – Starts after the day’s work and from the fixed point used in the start photo. This monitors your movement while you are walking. You can then walk along the edge of where work was conducted during the day. Select Stop Perimeter Walk when you have completed the walk.
• Finish Photo is taken from the same place and in the same direction as the Start Photo.
• Equipment Check – This is where you give PPE, Equipment, and First Aid Box status, and comments on anything damaged or used during the days work (with a photo, as you did at the beginning of the day).
TEAM CLOCK OUT
• Team Clock Out – You can clock out as you did previously with Clock In. Although you would clock people off during the day if they were injured, using the Clock Reason.
• Vehicle Out – This is done once the vehicle is parked for the day. With the same process as Vehicle In. This last process works out the mileage that has been used.
• There are a few additional functions that will help the projects gather information for reports as well as help the contractor manage their goals and stand out above the rest.
In the main menu you are able to use the Vehicle button which displays a number of choices:
Choose – allows you to choose a vehicle
Inspections – perform an inspection on the vehicle, this is required on a weekly bases for health and safety and it should preferably be conducted on a Monday.
It allows you to book a vehicle in to a job and out of a job.
Vehicle issues – is still to be developed
Assign to Job Card – allows you to assign a vehicle from a fleet you may own to a specific job card.
Services – is still in development but will notify you when a service is due on the vehicle based on your service intervals and last service conducted.
History – still in development and will allow you to check a vehicles history, this will help to mitigate problems on new vehicles and plan better.
Create Vehicle – as it says allows you to register a new vehicle on the system.
Manage Vehicles – allow you to edit vehicles and drivers on the system.
Fill Up – allows you to keep track of fuel usage and costs.
In the main menu under the Clock there is an icon called Clock task which will allow the manager to register a task that has been completed which may or may not be a requirement of the job card, it could be used to show work above and beyond that which is required.
The Sightings button is found in two places, one under the Clock function as set out in 2 above, the other is in the work wizard used daily, this function allows the manager to report findings in the field, such as rare species, dangerous animals, visitors to site, water leaks etc.
o Rainy Day:
The Rainy day button is found in the wizard, and allows the manager to book the team off on a rainy day where no work is done, if it is a rain interrupted day then the normal clock off procedure is followed with the comment noting that the days work was interrupted due to rain.
In the event a toolbox talk is to be done during the day, the team can be clocked in and then the manager selects the Training button, selects the team and ticks all team members present on the toolbox talk (set under reason), then the toolbox talk description is placed in the comments section.
In the main menu there is a green Sync button, this can be used to force the phone to send and receive the days data to and from the database, this should not be
necessary to use as the phone updates every 30 minutes as long as it has cell phone data signal.
**NB: IF THE SYSTEM IS UNINSTALLED FROM YOUR DEVICE AND RE-INSTALLED FROM THE GOOGLE STORE, IT CAN TAKE UP TO 5 MINUTES TO SYNC A LARGE DATABASE!!